As one of the most vital elements of a healthy lifestyle, fitness apps play a vital role in helping people get into shape. The fitness app market is quickly growing, and in 2020 there were over 750,000 fitness apps available. There are even apps that offer workout routines and meal plans, which are all the rage right now. However, there are apps you can use to help track your workouts and ones you can use to track your eating habits too.
So far in 2022, these are the newest trends that you shouldn’t miss to achieve your fitness goals. Check out the following trending fitness apps in 2022:
- Freeletics – There are a lot of fitness apps that have become increasingly popular, but the latest fitness trend to hit the fitness scene is Freeletics. As one of the fastest-growing fitness apps in the world, Freeletics combines high-intensity interval training (HIIT) with bodyweight exercises to help you lose weight and tone your body. The new Freeletics app, which was recently launched for Android, is unlike any other fitness app on the market. Instead of simply tracking your reps, rest, and calories burned during a workout, Freeletics lets you challenge yourself with others doing the same workout. This not only promotes accountability but also allows you to push yourself harder since you know someone is waiting for you in the virtual gym. Freeletics already has 10 million users, and that number will only increase as more challenge leagues begin to roll out this year.
- Fitbit – When starting a new fitness routine, it’s important to remember why you want to be healthy and fit. Whether they are cardio, strength training, or stretching, workouts should be fun, which is exactly why Fitbit has quickly become an app favorite among fitness buffs. A very popular fitness app called Fitbit has revolutionized the way we think about fitness apps. It is well established that most of us are more motivated when we can track something, and Fitbit has been leading the way in allowing us to track our physical activity and fitness in general. Moreover, the Fitbit device can last for more than 5 days after charging (learn more on Galvinoid or similar blogs), which could be an advantage to people who have a busy schedule and want to invest in physical fitness.
- MyFitnessPal – MyFitnessPal is an app and website that tracks your caloric intake, activity level, and weight. It’s one of the most popular fitness apps on the market, with over 150 million users. Recently, the app made major improvements, including a new user interface, the addition of 7 new activities, and new notifications. MyFitnessPal is the first app to offer daily and weekly calorie goals, and if you’re overweight, it can help you establish realistic goals.
- Les Mills+ – Les Mills, the international brand that provides exercise choreography and classes for fitness and wellbeing, has been at the forefront of fitness trends for decades. They’ve been developing their renowned fitness classes and choreography to music since 1992, and they’ve released more than 100 different class formats since 1998. Now, they’ve partnered with Apple to release a new app, called Les Mills+, that is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- TRX Training Club – TRX Training Club, is an Android and iOS app that lets you train at home using resistance bands. The TRX Training Club app is designed specifically for the TRX suspension training system. The player assumes the role of a trainer, guiding you through a series of strength training and cardio exercises. At first, the app only includes workouts for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. As your fitness improves, you can advance to harder workouts, such as “Extreme” and “CrossFit.”
Fitness apps that help track progress are some of the newest trends for fitness apps in 2022. People want better ways to track their fitness progress. The popularity of fitness trackers such as the Apple Watch or Fitbit, and other devices that claim to track fitness, has helped drive this trend. People want and need a way to track their progress, so they can stay motivated. Fitness apps track fitness progress but also help with motivation and goal setting too.