We’ve been told that collagen is the fountain of youth-and that’s no lie! This powerful protein is responsible for keeping your bones strong, teeth healthy, and skin looking bouncy, and it’s something that we all start to lose as we age.
Let’s Talk About Collagen
Collagen is a protein that helps hold the body together. It gives your skin its elasticity and strength. It is present in the bone, skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. It also makes up the white part of the eyes and the lymph nodes. Collagen plays a vital role in having a clear cornea. People get Lasik eye surgery from SharpeVision (https://sharpe-vision.com/) and similar clinics to reshape the cornea and correct vision. Collagen is also present in the intestines and gums. As you get older, you naturally produce less collagen. When the collagen level in your skin decreases, your skin becomes less elastic, and it wrinkles. A person’s skin will begin to show signs of aging when the collagen decreases. That is why people get wrinkles, such as crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes, deep lines on the forehead, and vertical lines on the lips. Over time, the decrease in collagen production leads to sagging.
Though collagen may help internally to tighten the skin, most likely it is going to take to show results. Understandably, not everyone possesses that level of patience. If you are one of them, you may want to supplement your collagen supplements with external treatments such as micro-needling. It is a procedure that pricks the skin with small needles. The treatment’s goal is to stimulate the production of new collagen and skin tissue, resulting in smoother, firmer, and more toned skin. Microneedling is most commonly done on the face to treat scars, wrinkles, and large pores. After consulting with your dermatologist to ensure that the procedure is appropriate for you, you can simply search for “med spa near me” on Google.
There are two major types of collagen: collagen I and collagen II.
- Collagen I is produced by the body and is responsible for skin strength and elasticity.
- Collagen II is produced by the body and is responsible for cartilage, tendons, and ligaments.
Nutrition and lifestyle factors can affect collagen production, and therefore affect the health of the skin and other connective tissues. As you age, the skin could become loose and saggy. One solution to this problem is making use of Evoke treatments. You may find this in Novo Med Spa (for more info, click on https://mynovomedspa.com/evoke/) or other similar medical spas.
The Skin and Health Benefits
Collagen is a common supplement that you will find in many foods for people who eat a balanced diet. It is found in the skin of animals, with the greatest concentrations in bones, joints, and tendons. It is a natural protein that provides support and structure to living things. Although collagen is a natural protein, it can also be taken as a nutritional supplement. The benefits of collagen for your skin and health include:
- Collagen supplements complete and make up for what is naturally lost through aging. In fact, collagen supplements are the best way to fight the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Collagen is a protein that is easy to digest and contains a host of nutrients that your body needs to stay healthy. That’s why you can find collagen in food sources such as fish, poultry, and even bone broth. In fact, bone broth is a great source for both collagen and glycine, an amino acid that is one of the 22 amino acids that make up collagen.
- Collagen is responsible for keeping your skin supple and smooth and is responsible for keeping your skin hydrated. As we age, the body starts to lose collagen, which is why our skin starts to sag and look wrinkled. While it can be difficult to get enough collagen in your diet, there are plenty of collagen supplements like Cobionic on the market that can help you get the collagen that your body needs to keep your skin looking its best.
- Collagen promotes good joint health. Pain in joints can range from a mild ache to a life-altering, debilitating condition. It can be caused by injury, illness, or simply the natural aging process. Fortunately, there are many natural remedies for joint pain. One of the most effective is collagen. Collagen is the most abundant protein found in your body. It is also the most abundant protein in the body of vertebrates. However, because collagen does not occur naturally in the human body, it must be ingested in order to promote joint health.
- Oral collagen supplements may promote gut health. It promotes gut health specifically by improving the levels of bacteria in the intestines that help produce short-chain fatty acids. If you are looking to improve your gut health, you may be considering taking oral collagen supplements. Although this may not be something you’ve heard of before, collagen is a great way to promote good gut health.
In times of stress, our body breaks down collagen at an accelerated rate. The process usually starts around the age of 30 and continues into old age, but to a lesser degree. Collagen is found in the skin, bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. This makes it a very important component of the body. Therefore, it is essential that we eat foods rich in collagen to ensure that our bodies have enough collagen to perform at their peak.