When it comes to decorating, a coffee table is a must-have item. If you’re planning to buy one from somewhere like Belleze Furniture or are looking to spruce up your existing one, you’ll want to pay close attention to the shape of the table, the material, and the overall design. But always remember that the most important thing is how you plan to use the table, and if you’re picking it up or having it delivered, it all depends on the size.
Coffee Table 101
Every one of us has dreamed of having the perfect coffee table. After all, this piece of furniture can go a long way toward making or breaking the look of your living room, but what should you look for when you shop for one? A coffee table is an essential piece of furniture in any home, as a coffee table is one of the first things you see when you walk in the front door. But many people make the mistake of thinking that bigger is always better when it comes to coffee tables.
This definitely isn’t true, and in fact, you should think about the size of the room you’re buying for before settling on a coffee table, as a large coffee table won’t leave much room for other furniture if you have a small space.
Think about your space and where you’d like to put the table. If you have a lot of space, there are many styles, shapes, and materials to choose from. If you’re tight on space, you can consider a nesting coffee table or a table that collapses and fits into itself.
A Coffee Table Should Be Interesting
If you’re thinking of buying a new coffee table, you’ll need to think about what to display on it. Unless you’re using it as a makeshift shoe rack, you’ll want to put things on it that are interesting or beautiful and that reflect your sense of style. This will avoid the problem of having a coffee table that is so bland that you don’t even want to look at it.
The following tips will help you create a coffee table that not only looks great but also serves its functional purpose:
- Display items that are related to each other. When it comes to displaying items on a coffee table, there’s more than meets the eye. Hints of color and interesting textures are good, but when choosing small items to display in a group, make sure they are all related in some way. For instance, this coffee table has 3-4 items known as “toddler toys” that are all made of wood. The coffee table itself is made of glass, reflecting the color of the wood and making the display appear cohesive.
- Use a tray to hold decorative items. Coffee tables are trending towards the minimalist side, with glass surface tops that show off the decorative items you love without adding clutter to your space. But what if you want to showcase a collection or display some photos? One of the easiest ways to do this is with a tray, which you can use to display pretty much anything.
- Make room for guests. Coffee tables serve several purposes, from providing space to put drinks and snacks to help keep your living space tidy by holding books, magazines, and other objects you have lying around. A coffee table can even act as a footrest for people watching TV while lying on the couch. The type of material you choose will depend on what you want to use your coffee table for.
- Use magazines or books to add color. The coffee table is a great place to store books and magazines. Before you start accumulating coffee table books, you should first decide on a theme for the table. You can collect books and objects that fit with a certain theme, such as travel books, books about sports, or objects from your favorite local artists.
- Keep it simple. It doesn’t have to be filled with clutter. In fact, it can be one of the most elegant parts of your living room if you keep it simple.
When it comes to choosing which items to feature on your coffee table, the options are almost limitless. For example, you can choose to display anything you like, from vintage cameras to glassware, from books to artwork, and from china to souvenirs. Of course, this also means that you are going to have to put some thought into your choice of items to feature, as you don’t want to clutter your coffee table up with too many things.